Sunday, July 12, 2015

My top 10 favorite Korean snacks

Hello!ƪ(•◡•ƪ)"

Today, I will be talking about  my top 10 favorite Korean snacks. There are numerous types of Korean snacks that you can easily find in the convenience stores, and supermarkets.

Even though I didn't try all of the snacks in Korea, I have picked 10 of the snacks that I find it delicious and special among all the snacks I ate in the 4 months.


Top 10 Onion ring 양파링 




This onion ring snack is the product of the Nongshim confectionery company. 

The bubbly and light texture of the onion ring melts away in the mouth quickly. 

It is also a healthy snack as it contains calcium that is good for bones :3

You won't be disappointed with the quantity of snack in the bag too!!


Top9: 새우깡 Shrimp crackers



I love this shrimp cracker!! This is one of my favorite seafood crackers that I would definitely buy to store it (but too bad my skin is sensitive to junk foods, so I couldn't eat too much of these). 

It tastes much better than the usual shrimp crackers that you eat in Malaysia.

 It is made from fresh flour and ground shrimp and I believe that shrimp lovers would love it!  ㅋㅋㅋ 


Top 8: Jollypong 죠리퐁


This is the original version of Jollypong by CROWN company. 

There is another version which is chocolate flavored one. 

Actually, it was my mum who loved this snack, so I bought two packs for her. But after I tried it at home,  I couldn't stop from eating it.  

For me, It is kind of  healthy and nutritious puffed rice because it has many vegetables images on the package. ㅎㅎㅎ. 

You can just eat it as a snack or eat it with milk for breakfast! I find it delicious with milk. 

Top7: Honey Butter Chips  허니버터칩 








OK! Here comes the famous Honey Butter Chips from Haetae (Calbee). You can't easily get this in Korea because it will be sold out in minutes. 

Even now, it is hard to find in the market or you will see it comes together with other products (Good strategy to attract customers). 

For me, it is not the best snack, but interesting snack because the taste is different than how it smells! It smells sweet, exactly like Honey Potato Chips from LOTTE but it tastes salty! HOW COME?! 

Perhaps that's one of the reasons it got famous( another reason: The power of K-pop stars) . 

Anyway, this chip is more expensive in the market for around 2000 won, but I got mine at Daiso for 1000 won (if you are interested, maybe you can go Daiso once in a while to look for it)


Top 6: Banana kick 바나나킥


Banana kick snack! It is sort of light and fluffy banana flavored corn snack that literally melts away in  mouth like the onion ring snack.

 It is top 6 because I prefer sweet snacks rather than salty! 

The snack itself is glazed with sugar and it is crunchy yet light as air. 


Top 5: Honey Popcorn (GS25)

ㅋㅋㅋ The Honey flavored popcorn from GS25 is one of my favorite snacks.

 I am not a fan of the snacks that produced by convenient stores because I don't think the snacks would be delicious. So, this popcorn was the unexpected one (Surprisingly suit my taste)

The honey popcorn is so fluffy, soft and crunchy~mostly coated with honey (unlike some other brands, you buy honey flavored popcorn but it turns out to be uncoated)  


Top 4: Dr.You Diget Sand


     

Dr.You Diget Sand biscuits are nice too! 

The whole wheat biscuits are rich in fiber with vanilla cream.  My boyfriend loves eating it after meal because he's always craving for something sweet after meal.

 Even though it is sweet, he could finish it at one time. So do I ~ ㅋㅋㅋ 

Top 3: IVY sugar free crackers 아이비

IVY sugar free crackers are suitable for people who are seeking for healthy crackers.


 Also, it is wholly free from animal derived ingredients, so it would be a great choice for vegans.

 I like the crispy taste with little bit salt on it. 

It goes well with jam and fruits! 


Top 2: Gosomi cracker 고소미 


Gosomi wheat cracker is the product of Orion company. It is embedded with sesame seeds and sprinkled with sugar.

 It tastes sweet, nutty, and little bit salty. 

I think it is a good snack for breakfast. 

It works well with coffee and tea, I eat it with milk though.ㅋㅋ



Top 1: Dr.You Energy bar 에너지바




Ahhhhhh~~ My most favorite!!! It's healthy, nutritious, easy to carry, easy to consume, reasonable price and tasty~ especially the energy bar. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
I always have it in my bag in case I have nothing to eat~ The energy bar is filled with nuts, cereals, and fruits. 

The Oat&Honey bar is also a good choice but the size is smaller than energy bar and stickier. 

Now I miss it a lot because I cannot get it in my hometown (cry). 




 If you happen to go Korea, please try out any of these! They are really yummy and cheaper than you get in other countries! ㅎㅎActually there are a lot of other snacks I love, for example, Choco Pie and Goguma crackers and Tteokbokki chips. But I couldn't list everything here! I will continue to try out new snacks when I go to Korea next time! Wakaka~ 

Anyway, thank you for reading! Also, tell me what are your favorite Korean snacks in the comment down below~! 








2 comments:

  1. haha It is fun to read your blog post about Korean snacks. Gosomi is my favorite snack as well. Recently i found the way how to eat Gosomi more tasty. First put peanut butter on gosomi and put another gosomi cracker on the top like sandwich. It is so much tasty although I get fat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I've got to try that out next time! ������ㅋㅋㅋ I just posted another post about my Japan trip few days ago! Hehe~ feel free to check it out ☺️��

    ReplyDelete