Saturday, April 23, 2016

2016 Japan trip in Spring (Day 2)

Here comes the day 2 in Japan! 

Before talking about my day 2,I wanna show you the western style breakfast prepared by my host mum,Rumiko san for 7 days (one missing). 

Even though breakfast was basically western style, the dinner was Japanese style! I was really into it! Yum Yum



Day 2: Asakusa > Skytree> Shibuya>Ueno 

After changing up, Kento, mum, and I headed to our first destination, Asakusa浅草

Actually, I have been there once in 2014, but I had only 15 minutes there (残念). Therefore, I requested to go Asakusa this time (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)


By the way, do you know Pasmo?

 Pasmo is an rechargable electronic smart card  that can be used for public transports like trains, buses, subways and so on.  

You can purchase it at the ticket vending machine at stations or airports.

  When you purchase,500 Japanese yen will be deposited to your Pasmo card.

You should get one as it is really convenient. You can sell Pasmo before leaving Japan at the airport or keep it as a souvenir

Getting a Pasmo  to travel around Japan really made my trip easier. 




Since we wanted to go to Asakusa, we could take any of these buses to Asakusa at Ueno station.

The Skytree shuttle bus (left) connects three sightseeing spots, which are Ueno, Skytree and Asakusa. One trip costs around 200 yen. 

As for the red bus (right) is Taito-ku Megurin circulation bus which also connects to famous tourist spots like Asakusa. This type of bus is small but useful. It costs only 100 yen for adult.

Since Taito-ku Megurin bus was cheaper, we took it.ƪ(◡•ƪ)"



We arrived Asakusa! There was a famous temple in Asakusa, called 浅草寺 (Senso-ji)  with  Kaminari-Mon Gate.It was the famous Buddhist temple in Asakusa. 


Before praying at the temple, you have to wash your hands to purify yourself. First, wash your left hand  and wash your right hand.Then, dab some water onto your lips using left hands. Lastly, wash the grip of dipper. Just then, you can go to the temple and pray. 

My Japanese language teacher told the class that actually we cannot clap hands twice before praying at the temple. Only when we pray at shrine, we can clap hands before praying.


I got "small luck". LUCKY
It said "Good time to travel".


The shopping streets beside Asakusa. 

There were many interesting shops, from souvenirs to snacks to clothings.

 If I were to here alone, guess I would spend hours shopping around~Lol.


Local stalls selling snacks.



Delicious人形烧 にんぎょうやき with Anko (red bean) filling. Try it out when you visit!



Also, we had this famous Melon bun! The smell of Melon bun was all over the place.. Soft soft fuwa fuwa! 3 for 200 yen~ Yum Yum



Kento said the drinks were the really old design and hard to find now :3






Udon for lunch!

I had Radish Mochi Udon, and Kento had Tempura udon.



Asakusa Station 


Can you see the beautiful Sumidagawa River behind me? Hehe..٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و 


We walked to skytree from Asakusa for around 20 minutes. 

Cherry blossom festival at Sumidawa Riverside.

Tokyo Skytree and Asahi beer company building.

Skytree was definitely a must-go place as it was a good place to shop, eat and entertain. I will definitely visit there once again.


Oh yeah! I finally had fresh Calbee potato chips and potato sticks. The freshly fried one also as delicious as sealed Calbee snacks.



Before dinner, we went to Shibuya 109 for shopping!  


Hasunuma familyHost papa wasn't in the photo because he had to work. But later, we met up at Ueno for dinner!


焼き鳥 (ToriYaki) My L.O.V.E

Sashimi 

♡ Salmon Onigiri



After feeding our tummy, we headed back home together.

I had so much fun on Day 2 and I didn't get tired at all! 
See you in Day 3-Mount Fuji post (灬´ิω´ิ灬)
Thank you for reading !